Mediators can help with a wide range of disputes that occur including:
- Disagreements with neighbours or friends
- Problems between different groups within the community
- Disagreements with landlords
- Environmental, development and planning isuses
Disputes between family members can be extremely distressing for everyone involved and can have a long term and widespread impact throughout the whole family. Mediation can help to avoid asking a court to make a decision for you.
Homelessness /Intergenerational Mediation
Mediation can be highly effective helping to resolve behavioural issues and also impact on feelings that are more difficult to define such as respect, trust and the atmosphere at home.
Young people using mediation to resolve disputes between themselves
Helping to resolve a range of disputes at work including:
- Disagreements or difficult relationships between work colleagues
- Disputes within teams
- Employer/employee disputes
Victim/Offender Mediation or Restorative Justice
Giving victims and offenders the opportunity to discuss the circumstances and effects of the crime committed
What is Mediation?
Mediation is the intervention of a neutral, independent, impartial third party into a dispute or conflict situation. The Mediator's role is to empower and encourage the two parties involved to reach their own solutions.
- Change disputing behaviour
- Resolve Conflict
- Work out realistic workable solutions
- Maintain a balance between parties
- Treat people fairly
- Empower people
Mediation Provides The Opportunity For People To:
- Exchange feelings, ideas, concerns and perceptions
- Become actively involved in the making of decisions about their lives.
- Staged - takes a step by step approach
- Non blaming or judgemental
- Effective in dealing with a variety of issues
- Focused on the future
- A voluntary process
Mediation can help you to get control of your future back into your hands
- Try asking yourself these questions:
- Do you want to sort the problem out?
- If you don't think that there is a problem, can you see how other people might disagree?
- Would you like the chance to give your side of the story in a safe environment?
- Do you want someone to listen to you without judging you?
- Do you think that everyone has been open and honest so far?
- What will happen if you do nothing?